About me and what my blog is about

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Why your backing fabric may ripple when using fusible batting

After sandwiching your quilt with fusible batting, 
have you ever experienced rippling on the
backing fabric?


This article explains why it may have happened, 
and shows you how to prevent it in the future!

   Since I usually use a frame and a mid arm machine when quilting my quilts. I don't use the fusible batting on a regular basis. But, I do occasionally use basting spray, and only twice have used fusible batting.

   I must have had the luck of the draw when I used the fusible, for the first time. Mine did not ripple, and the process went smoothly. I'm really glad I was lucky that day, because I had no idea there was a right and a wrong side to fusible batting.

   There is in fact, a right side. And this article describes what scrim is, and how to tell the right side from the wrong side of fusible batting. You'll end up with no more ripples on your backing fabric, Which will also make sandwiching your quilt so much more enjoyable. Hopefully you'll find this article enjoyable and informative. Especially if you are new to using fusible batting, or have had a bad experience with it in the past.

  Hope you have a sew happy day!


No comments: