About me and what my blog is about

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tidying up the sewing room!

Tuesday I finally made it to JoAnn's to get the batting for the fish quilt. Also bought some really cute fabric for a present I will be working on soon.
Unfortunately, spent most of Tuesday, working in my basement, trying to dry up the water from all the rain.

Today: Have been pretty productive in the sewing room, although, not much actual sewing has gotten done.
I decided it was finally time to redo my design wall with new felt! Eons ago, I was lucky enough to be gifted through our local Freecycle group, two very large bulletin boards. My hubby got one, and I got the other. It is 3 feet by 4 feet. So it makes a nice size to lay out blocks and such!

Also today, got my large middle drawer in my sewing desk reorganized! I found a cute little mini 4 drawer
storage unit, when I went to the thrift store this morning! It can set on my sewing desk to hold some of the things that were setting in several little baskets and clear plastic containers on my desk, and taking up more room than they needed too!

Will also try to sandwich the fish quilt sometime today too!

It's my husband's (Randy) birthday today! Lol, now for ten whole days, we'll be the same age!! He loves brownies and ice cream, so we'll probably be pigging out later!

No comments: