About me and what my blog is about

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mail Call 8/30/2011 Up, Up, and Away, In a Hot Air Balloon!

Today the Lincoln Chapter of Quilts For Kids received this beautiful Hot Air Balloon quilt in the mail, along with two kit quilts "Full Steam Ahead" and "Bright Butterflies" that were all made by Linda S.! As soon as I unpacked it from the box, I instantly wandered, just how many sweet dreams this awesome quilt could inspire in a young child! Did you ever dream as a child sailing across the sky in one of these? I know I sure did. Thanks so much Linda, they are all three darling and will surely put a smile on some child's face.









I just wanted to say Thanks to Bob U. and Nancy Zieman and her episode of Sewing With Nancy where she interviewed one of the Chapter Leaders Bob Urquhart of Quilts For Kids. I have had a terrific response in the last several days from people who were watching the show, and have contacted me to find out how thy could help our chapter make quilts for children here in NE. If anyone else would like more info, just contact me at: Lincolnnequiltsforkids@gmail.com

No comments: