About me and what my blog is about

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cuddle Quilts

Our local Quilts for Community project featured "Cuddle Quilts" at a workshop that was held Jan. 15th. at the International Quilt Study Center and Museum here in Lincoln. Some of the members of LQG (Lincoln Quilters Guild) met to assemble quilts and demonstrate how to make the quilts to visitors. Tours were also available of the beautiful historic quilts that are on dislay in the museum.

These "Cuddle Quilts" are distributed to our local hospitals, shelters for battered women and their chidren, and the City Mission that serves meals and provides shelter for the homeless.

The quilt kit that I worked on that day, was a scaled down version of Turning Twenty. A pattern that uses 20 different but coordinated fat quarters. In the scaled down version we used 12 different fabrics. My kit contained many shades and prints of greens and pink.

We sewed while we chatted and answered questions about the community project and the quits we were working on from the museum guests.

Here's a pic of the top I got done while there, it was a fun pattern, and sewed up quikly. I brought it home with me, to sandwich, and quilt, because they ran short of backing fabric that day, and I didn't want to go clear across town to the place where we hold our guild meetings to get some.

No comments: