About me and what my blog is about

Friday, September 16, 2011

Quilts donated to LQFK

I found these pictures of some quilts that were donated this summer, but that unfortunately didn't get posted here when I was having trouble with my computer, and then also my camera.I wanted to share their beauty with you. And also let the volunteers who sewed so much love and talent into these, know that they were greatly appreciated! Most of these were donated to Omaha Childrens Hospital in our recent delivery to them. And the others, were donated last week  to St. Elizabeth hospital, here in Lincoln. Thanks so much, Ann, Susan, and Elaine! Make sure to visit Elaine's blog also, she makes some truly gorgeous quilts and has a very enjoyable and informative  blog as well!

 These two bright and cheery quilts were made from Ann's own stash, then donated to LQFK! I think every child would love to have a quilt with these bright beautiful balloons on it! And the second, is so cute with its bright polka dots!




These two are from Susan, she pieced both from LQFK kits. And did such a wonderful job on quilting them! Thanks Susan, for both of them, they are so pretty! Here's the first one.


When I was cutting the kit for the second one, I accidentally shorted her two strips in the kit. Because of my mistake, she was unable to make two more nine patch blocks to complete another row, but look how wonderfully she managed to compensate for my error! I love both the fabric and the technique she chose to fix my boo boo!

Here are the two that Elaine pieced from kits and quilted so beautifully! The first one is actually a four patch, but doesn't seem like it with the colors placed the way they are! I also had to mention the perfect name she picked for it. Purple Slurple!


A close up of her beautiful quilting!


And this nine patch is really cute too!

No comments: