About me and what my blog is about

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Just One Star #4

I was hoping to get at least two stars sewn today, but, my busy day only allowed me to get this cute one done! It will be trimmed later. A few errands, some housework, a meeting, and a quilt kit delivery  consumed the rest of my day.

I will have to admit, the kit delivery to a new volunteer for our QFK chapter was actually quite fun! After getting  acquainted,  and chatting about her love of piecing blocks, And then discussing the info about the kit that I had brought, she asked me if I would like to see her sewing studio, and some of the blocks and tops she has made. She had a very nicely organized sewing area, a hefty stash of very cute fabrics, and several big bins full of pieced blocks, waiting to be sewn into quilt tops. And a very large tote  full of   pieced tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted.
After quite a bit of oohing and awing  and even a little "petting" of some very cute fabrics, gorgeous tops, and fantastic blocks, we came up with lots of neat ideas for her to turn some of those piles of blocks into quilts! I will enjoy having Eileen as part of our chapter!

No comments: