About me and what my blog is about

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Garden Maze




May 2010 was my month in the Flickr group Bee Crazy that I belong to, to send out fabrics and choose the block I wanted the other Bee's to make for me. I chose the Garden Maze block. This block is on Marcia Hohn's Quilter's Cache The original block is pretty enough in itself, but I really loved the alternate views she shows with more colors, on page 2 and 3 of the pattern for the block. The only drawback I had, was she only gives the directions for the original block and not the alternate ones. So had to put the pencil to the paper and ingage brain to figure it out. Some of the group was a tad bit spooked by the block, so, I designed a picture tutorial of how to do the alternate blocks. Scared or not, they all did a wonderful job! The pic below is the block I received from my awesome friend Mary Lou, the host of the group! Check out her blog at quilt retreat.
In July 2010 my best friend Tammy passed away, from a long battle with cancer. So for the next few months I sort of lived in a fog, and couldn't stand to really even venture into my sewing room, let alone sew anything. So these lovelies were bagged up, and stored away for awhile.
But, thanks to the 2011 UFO Challenge, I am going to be working on finishing a couple more blocks and getting it completed! I'll also be taking pics of all the blocks I received up on the design wall, probably Monday the 7th!

No comments: